Establishing A New BCSC Scholarship
Are you looking for a chance to help Baraboo High School graduates achieve their dreams? Establishing a scholarship may be your answer. Some of the scholarships the BCSC administers were established as living memorials to honor people in the community. Others bear the name of an organization or business. In any case, the criteria reflect the values and wishes of each donor.
There are many possibilities for you to consider when you establish a scholarship with the BCSC.
- Do you want the scholarship to go to a current graduate, a past graduate, or either?
- Does the recipient need to demonstrate financial need?
- Do you prefer a student who will study at a vocational/technical school or college?
- Should the student have a particular grade point average?
- Should preference be given to a student with certain physical characteristics?
- Do you prefer a student who hopes to pursue a particular career such as teaching, nursing, engineering, or business?
- Whose name or organization should the scholarship bear?
- Is this a one-time gift or do you want it to awarded for many years?
When you choose to establish a scholarship, you are free to develop criteria for the type of student you want to receive the funds. We do have four criteria we ask you to follow:
- The recipient must be a Baraboo High School graduate
- The scholarship must be for at least $1,000
- Your criteria for potential recipients must be submitted to the BCSC by November 1
- The BCSC must receive your payment for the scholarship by March 1
You may participate in the scholarship selection process. Potential recipients complete only one confidential application for all scholarships administered by the BCSC. The BCSC Selection Committee members review the apps, then meet as a group to match just the right student with the guidelines established for each scholarship.
If the donor prefers, the Selection Committee can identify the top three qualifying students based upon the award guidelines. The donor then indicates his or her preferences to the Selection Committee. The Selection Committee makes the final decision. All decisions are confidential until the BHS Honors Night in the spring.
At this event, either you or a BCSC board member makes the presentation to the proud student selected to receive your scholarship. For many, this gift can open doors to their career dreams.
After the BCSC receives confirmation of the student’s class enrollment, funds are distributed. Donor payments will have been received earlier in the year before the application period begins. BCSC maintains careful accounting of scholarship balances and accrued interest. All donations are tax-deductible. We can provide services and expertise not available to individual donors.
BCSC scholarships are possible because of generous contributions by people who believe in the abilities of our students and in the value of higher education in our community. If you would like to establish a scholarship, please fill out the application linked below and return it to our organization as soon as possible.